Boot the system from USB Stick with ESXi installer on it.
Once the installer welcome screen shows up, press alt+F1 to go to the first console (login prompt)
Login as root, no password.
- cd /usr/lib/vmware/weasel/util
There are a few files but the upgrade_precheck.py is of interest to us
- rm upgrade_precheck.pyc // (the compiled version) -
- mv upgrade_precheck.py upgrade_precheck.py.old // because the file can not be edited due to some immortal flags and lack of tools to remove these flags
- cp upgrade_precheck.py.old upgrade_precheck.py
- vi upgrader_precheck.py // then search for line that has ((1024 * 2 ) - 32)
Replace value of MEM_MIN_SIZE =(4 * 1024 -32) Size_MiB with something like this (1 * 1024 -32) and save (:w! in vi)
- ps -c | grep weas // find the PID
- kill -9 #### // where #### is the python PID
Return to the second console with installer (alt+F2) Continue as normal